Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Connor celebration!

Today, we went to Deep Water Theatre and I met a lot of new people. They were all there having a party for me! Wasn't that nice of them? They brought good food, and presents too!

I slept through part of the party, but this is a cute picture of my nice outfit that I wore. It says "new friends", which Aunt Kati said was appropriate for this occasion. I think that means it was a good one for me to wear to the party (Aunt Kati likes to use big words for some reason).

Daddy got to eat some of the yummy munchies that people brought to share. There was delicious corn casserole, mac-n-cheese, sausage rolls, and Mommy's chocolate haupia pie for dessert. It looked good to me...

...but I can't eat that stuff yet, so Grandma Lyn gave me a bottle instead. I was still happy with that, though!

Then it was time for presents! This one is a cute bib from my new friends Sundae, Rob, Emmet, Caroline and Mariah.

My most unique gift was an Ocracoke pony named Spirit. He won't really live at the house with me, but he was "adopted" for me by Dave, Karen, Emma and Molly. I bet not many babies get ponies at their parties!

These are two of my new neighbors - Emma and Mariah.

Uncle John's favorite thing was the "Wheels on the Bus" book. He sang the whole song, while Aunt Kati piled a bunch of cute clothes on him from Amy, David and Lachlan.

Then Sundae read something called an "advisory" (another big word - it looked just like a normal piece of paper to me) about a Tropical Storm called Cristobal. There were a lot of long words in it, but it basically said that it's going to be windy here for the next couple of days, and it might rain a lot too. I don't mind, because I'll just stay inside!

After all that, we posed while Lou Ann took lots of pictures of all of us. I mostly snoozed.

No comments: