Sunday, April 26, 2009

My big party!

Yesterday there was a big party at my house - and I was the guest of honor! The party was a Hawaiian luau, and Aunt Kati decorated the house to make it extra fun. There was lots of good food at my party. Uncle John made fruit kabobs and barbecue, plus Tutu Katy and Auntie Annie had brought traditional snacks from Hawaii (and they also brought the gorgeous Hawaiian flowers). There was also cake, but that part comes later in the story.





There were lots of balloons for decorations, too. I really liked playing with them!



My Tutu (that's Grandma to you non-Hawaiians) Katy came all the way from Hawaii to come to my party. She brought me lots of presents. One was a pair of sunglasses, which I liked to put on her and then take off again.



Because it was a luau party, some people dressed up to match the theme. Do you like my Hawaiian shirt and shorts?



And Daddy wore a Hawaiian type shirt, too.



There were leis for everyone, and my friend Emmet had lots of fun with them and with the flower decorations.



Mommy put on a bunch of the leis!



I had my dinner during the party.



And then after that, it was time for cake! Aunt Kati got 2 cakes, so that I could have one just for me!





There was another one of those small fires on my cake, and I wasn't sure what to think about that. But after everybody sang a song to me, Aunt Kati and I blew on the candle until the fire went away.



Then it was time to eat the cake. I started by checking the icing. It was soft, gooey, and deicious.



Then Aunt Kati broke it into pieces, so I could eat it by myself.



Here's a video of the whole process - people singing, the fire, and the eating!



Here's a picture of me after I was done eating cake. You can see it on my face...



...and in this picture, you can see that I got cake lots of cake on myself, even in my hair!



If that wasn't enough chocolate, there were also mini candy bars that everyone could take home. They had cute labels on them that said "Connor's 1st Birthday" on the top. On the sides, they said "April 21, 2009" and "Thank you for celebrating with me!"



After I got cleaned up from eating my cake, it was time to open my presents. My friends and family who came to the party all brought me gifts to celebrate being one year old. That was very exciting!



I got lots of really great things - books, toys, a hat, balls, stuffed animals, a tunnel, a walker/ride-on thing, a tricycle (and a horn for it), a drum, a fun bath toy, a T-ball set, a comfy pillow with pirate monkey fabric, and my very own laptop!







Here I am with Mommy, surrounded by all my presents. Check out those bows!




Whew...I am tired from all that blogging. I hope you enjoyed reading about my party as much as I enjoyed attending it!

1 comment:

connorsmommy said...

pics 3, 5, 9 and 12 arent working
:(
looking studly my big man!