Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my first birthday! You probably already knew that, didn't you? Well, I definitely couldn't forget, because I was being celebrated all day! Aunt Kati sang the birthday song to me first thing this morning, and we just kept doing fun things all day after that. Here are some pictures.

Even the mantel said Happy Birthday to me!



Aunt Kati has to label my lunch and snacks for daycare. She had a little fun with the labeling today.



Aunt Kati and Uncle John made these cute cupcakes, which we took to daycare to share with my teachers and friends.



My friend Aidan enjoyed his cupcake very much!



And mine was delicious, too! Miss Merrian helped me to eat it.



Then, she broke it into pieces so I could feed them to myself. Yummy!



But that was only my first cupcake of the day! After dinner, Aunt Kati gave me another one.



Then Aunt Kati made a small fire on my cupcake. I wasn't quite sure what to think of that...



...but Aunt Kati blew it out for me.



You may have noticed my special day bib...that's the last one. I've now worn all of them.

And then I got to eat another cupcake! (After changing to an "everyday" bib, so I could get it dirty.)



Yummy, again!



I didn't get too messy. (This was supposed to be the "after" picture.) But Aunt Kati says it's a great picture of me anyway, especially my eyes!



After Aunt Kati cleaned me up, I looked at the cards that I got for my birthday. This cute, long Baby Einstein one is from my friends Julie, Alan, Patrick and Alex.



And this one was from my friends Steve, Ginger and Jamie.



Aunt Kati says that when you live in Ocracoke, your birthday is even mentioned on the chalkboard at the Community Store. Here's my mention:



Aunt Kati says we are not done celebrating yet. (Apparently, this first birthday thing is a big deal.) So watch for more pictures here, after my party!

1 comment:

connorsmommy said...

mmm! chocolate! your such a big boy! i cant wait to see you soon buddy!

love you!