Saturday, April 5, 2008

Baby's First Zoo Visit (sorta)

So over spring break I decided I wanted to go to the zoo for a visit. We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo which is basically on the side of Cheyenne Mountain (where NORAD- the North American Defense post is buried inside the mountain). The first thing you see are these awesome giraffes. Damon petted some, they tried to lick him with their long blue tongues and you could buy crackers to feed them.

I forget what this animal is called, but Damon said it was like the love child of a zebra-horse thing with horns (God's mistake basically). In actuality, this animal's closest relative is a giraffe! I thought they were pretty fascinating.

One of my favorite animals are the elephants. I know they are big and smelly and wrinkly but honestly I think they are really really cute, especially the baby ones.

I threw this picture in because Damon loves all of the animals that are cats or cat-like. He thinks they are tough (like him... uh huh)

This picture is kind of blurry but its a baby monkey!!!!! I love the zoo babies! He was so active and climbing all over stuff and posing for pictures! I am going to name him Wilbur, like the pig in Charlotte's Web, but only because I think the name Wilbur suits him quite well.

At the end of our trip, Damon and I returned to the Cheyenne Canon Inn B&B we stayed at for 2 nights, to just kind of "get away from it all." It was nice to stay somewhere nice with a big bed and just relax. I dont know why he was making this face, but I am going to say its because he was pretty upset that the wolf habitat exhibit was closed. It opens back up May 2nd so he can see both the wolves (his favorite) and the otters (who were also not around). He likes to watch the otters eat off of their tummies. He is kind of weird but I love him anyway.

Overall spring break was a good rest, fairly uneventful, we just relaxed and spent time together. I know Connor won't remember this zoo visit, but I thought it would be fun to go and maybe he could smell all the icky poo so he got some sense of it from inside the womb.

1 comment:

Ocrakate said...

Where to begin?
Re: the zebra/horse-related-to-a-giraffe guy - I think it's kind of cute, and God of course doesn't make mistakes!

I also think the elephants are adorable. Connor will be like them in two out of three ways: he will be wrinkly and (sometimes) smelly, but not big (well, not for a while anyway). :)

I knew Damon was smart. Cats rule!