Thursday, April 24, 2008

Coming home

I made my big trip home yesterday (Wednesday).

First, Mommy fed me to make sure I was happy and content. Everyone says I'm a good eater!



Then we both got dressed. I don't like to get dressed (because I don't like to be un-swaddled, I get cold easily). So once we were dressed Mommy snuggled with me to warm me up again. Plus, I think she really just likes snuggling with me.



Then, Mommy and Aunt Kati put me in my car seat. (Yes, this was a two person job, as I don't like to stretch out my legs...I am used to being all curled up and it's my favorite position!) I wasn't sure what a car was, but they told me I had to be in this seat to go in one. The nice nurse at the hospital checked me out in the seat, to make sure I was safely buckled in and ready for my ride. Don't worry about that band-aid on my foot. I didn't hurt myself, they just pricked me there to check my blood sugar after I was born.



I thought we were ready to go at that point, but then Mommy had to go to something called a pharmacy and after that to a desk to check out of the hospital. We waited for a long time, so I decided to munch on my finger for a while. Then, I fell asleep. They told me later that I even slept through the floor cleaning machine coming right by me, and that I am a really good sleeper, but I don't remember any of that. I was sleeping!



We walked outside into the sunshine, which woke me up, but Mommy put my nice canopy up to keep it out of my eyes. My car seat is pretty fancy, huh? Finally, we got in the car. I liked the vibrations of the ride, and went right back to sleep!



When I got home, everyone was waiting there to see me and take my picture. That's Mommy's housemate Jen taking my picture on her phone, and Grandma Lyn's friend Pam taking my picture with her camera, and Grandma Lyn sitting on the stairs watching me.
Even Cupcake the cat watched as Mommy brought me up the stairs for the first time!



After everyone was done looking at me, I hung out with Daddy for a while on the couch. We were the only guys there, among 8 girls (including the cat and the dog), so we had to stick together.



Whew! That was a lot of blogging! Time for another snooze now. Talk to you tomorrow...

No comments: