Sunday, April 13, 2008

Changing place

John and I put Connor's changing table together this weekend. It is sooo cute, and now his room is really starting to look like a nursery. The crib will be next!

I haven't used this to change a baby on yet, obviously, but assuming that it performs its intended function well, I definitely recommend the changing table. It was a breeze to put together, is quite sturdy, and takes up very little space (I love the brilliant use of corner space, and the fact that we will be able to change Connor with his feet towards us). Later, it can be a toy or bookshelf.

Here it is in progress, almost completely put together:


I bought 2 "honey" colored wicker baskets to go on the changing table (the crib is honey as well, so they should match nicely). They came with white liners, and three different colors of accent ribbons. I used the green, and had several moments of slight-obsession trying to get the bow to lie the way I wanted it to. I finally gave up...one of the bows looks great and the other is just barely acceptable. I'll work on it more later!

Anyway, here's the final product:


After the changing table was done, I added one more touch to the room - this adorable switchplate.



And yes, I totally get that all this cuteness will be lost on Connor and that it's mostly for the grownups to feel warm and fuzzy. I'm okay with that.

No comments: